Japan’s CR steel strip shipments up 6.4 percent in May from April

Friday, 16 July 2021 11:17:26 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul
       

In May this year, Japan’s cold rolled sheet and strip shipments increased by 6.4 percent compared to the previous month and were up by 47.1 percent on year-on-year basis, amounting to 424,941 metric tons. 51 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 49 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data.

Meanwhile, in the given month, Japan’s CR sheet and strip inventories increased 5.1 percent compared to the previous month totaling 802,287 metric tons and were up by 2.0 percent year on year. 78 percent of inventories were held by steel manufacturers, while 22 percent were held by steel traders.

In May, Japan’s CR sheet and strip production amounted to 464,213 mt, up 0.5 percent month on month and increasing 60.2 percent year on year.


Most Recent Related Articles

Japanese crude steel output up 2.8% in September from August

Japan’s new ship export orders fall in September from August

Japan’s CR steel strip shipments down 10 percent in August from July

Japan’s HRP and HRS shipments down 1.1 percent in August

Japan’s steel exports up 3.6 percent in January-August