This Membership Contract was last updated on 12/5/2015.
By accessing and using the SteelOrbis web site, www.steelorbis.com (the “Web Site”), and completing the registration process, you are agreeing to be legally bound by this Membership Contract. The terms “you” and “User” refer to anyone who accesses the SteelOrbis web site.
SteelOrbis may change this Membership Contract at any time without notice. Changes will be posted on www.steelorbis.com under “Membership Contract”.
Your use of the Web Site following the posting of any changes will constitute your agreement to the modified Membership Contract and to all of the changes. Therefore, you should refer to the Membership Contract from time to time for changes.
SteelOrbis hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use the Web Site under the terms set forth below and for fees if applicable.
The Web Site and the content, including, but not limited to, text, data, reports, opinions, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations and video (the “Content”), displayed on the Web Site, is only for your personal use. Except as otherwise permitted under this Membership Contract, you agree not to copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, or store any Content, in whole or in part, from the Web Site or to display, perform, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast or circulate any Content to anyone, or for any commercial purpose, without the express prior written consent of SteelOrbis.
The Content is the exclusive property of SteelOrbis or its licensors, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos on the Web Site and within the Content are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. Any of the trademarks, service marks or logos (collectively, the “Marks”) displayed on the Web Site may be registered or unregistered marks of SteelOrbis or others. Nothing contained on this Web Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any of the Marks displayed on the Web Site without the express written permission of SteelOrbis or a third party owner of such Marks. Any unauthorized uses of the Marks or any other Content are strictly prohibited. To request permission to use any Content or other SteelOrbis material, please contact SteelOrbis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use the Web Site for any unlawful purpose. You shall honor all reasonable requests by SteelOrbis to protect SteelOrbis’ proprietary interests in the SteelOrbis Web site.
1. SteelOrbis reserves the right to delete or change any aspect of the Content, the Interactive Areas, the Web Site and/or any of the technical specifications or any aspect of the same. Users agree and acknowledge that such changes may result in them being unable to access the whole or any part of the Web Site.
As part of the registration process, you must select a username and password and provide SteelOrbis with accurate, complete, and updated information. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your access.
You are entirely liable for activities conducted by you in connection with your browsing and use of the Web Site. If you are dissatisfied with the Content or the Web Site or with this membership contract, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop using the Content and the Web Site. SteelOrbis will not pay you any damages in connection with your browsing or use of the Web Site.
Due to the number of sources from which the Content is obtained and the potential hazards of electronic distribution, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in such Content and the Web Site. THE CONTENT AND THE WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES. STEELORBIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINES OR CURRENTNESS OF, OR RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM, ACCESSING AND USING THE STEELORBIS WEB SITE, THE STEELORBIS WEB SITE'S OWN CONTENT, THE OTHER CONTENT, NOR ANY MATERIAL THAT CAN BE ACCESSED (VIA A DIRECT OR INDIRECT HYPERLINK OR OTHERWISE) THROUGH THE STEELORBIS WEB SITE. STEELORBIS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AND OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. STEELORBIS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INACCURACY, DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM. IN NO EVENT WILL STEELORBIS NOR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST TIME, LOST MONEY, LOST PROFITS OR GOOD WILL, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF THE STEELORBIS WEB SITE. NEITHER STEELORBIS NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM USE OF THE WEB SITE, IN WHOLE OR PART, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING THE WEB SITE AND ANY CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL STEELORBIS, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH CONTENT OR THE WEB SITE.
SteelOrbis assumes no responsibility for the use of third party software on the Web Site and shall have no liability whatsoever to any person or entity for the accuracy or completeness of any outcome generated by such software.
You may, through hypertext or other computer links, gain access to web sites operated by persons other than SteelOrbis. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only, and are the exclusive responsibility of the owners of such web sites. You agree that SteelOrbis is not responsible for the content or operation of such web sites, and that SteelOrbis shall have no liability to you or any other person or entity for the use of third party web sites. Except as described below, a hyperlink from this Web Site to another web site does not imply or mean that SteelOrbis endorses the content on that web site or the operator or operations of that site. You are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you may use any content on any other web sites to which you have obtained links from the SteelOrbis Web Site.
The User grants to SteelOrbis the non-exclusive right to use all material entered into the SteelOrbis Web Site by the User (other than third-party material transmitted through private electronic mail) in any of SteelOrbis’ print or electronic publications (“Other Content”).
Users entering material into the SteelOrbis Web site are responsible for the Other Content. SteelOrbis has not any responsibility for Other Content, including the content of any messages or information posted by Users or others, or for the content of information accessible via direct or indirect hyperlinks from the SteelOrbis Web Site. However, SteelOrbis retains the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete Other Content that SteelOrbis deems to be illegal, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate.
You may not input or distribute any material through the SteelOrbis Web Site that is promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, without the prior written authorization of SteelOrbis.
The User agrees to indemnify SteelOrbis from all damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that SteelOrbis, its affiliates, employees, and authorized representatives may incur as a result of either: (i) the User's breach of this Agreement; or (ii) material entered into the SteelOrbis Web site with the use of the User's screen name or password.
The User hereby grants SteelOrbis the right to use all trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos of the User for reference and advertising purposes through its directory services on the Web Site.
This Agreement will continue until terminated by either SteelOrbis or you. Either party can terminate the Agreement by notifying the other party by telephone or electronic mail of the decision to terminate.
SteelOrbis may discontinue or change the SteelOrbis Web Site or its availability to you, at any time.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the SteelOrbis Web Site and supersedes any and all other agreements, oral or in writing, with respect to the SteelOrbis Web Site. The failure of SteelOrbis to insist upon strict compliance with any term of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver with regard to any subsequent failure to comply with such term or provision. This Agreement is personal to you, and you may not assign your rights or obligations to anyone. If any provision in this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
You expressly agree not to use this Web Site in any manner or for any purpose that is prohibited by this membership contract. In addition, you expressly agree not to:
(1) use the Web Site for any purpose that is prohibited by any law or regulation, or to facilitate the violation of any law or regulation;
(2) use or attempt to use any “deep-link,” “scraper,” “robot,” “bot,” “spider,” “data mining,” “computer code” or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Web Site or any data or content found on or accessed through the Web Site without our prior express written consent;
(3) obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on the Web Site that have not been intentionally made publicly available either by their public display on the Web Site or through their accessibility by a visible link on the Web Site;
(4) in any way bypass or circumvent any other measure employed to limit or prevent access to the Web Site or its content;
(5) violate the security of the Web Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Web Site, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server associated with this Web Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
(6) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Web Site or any activities conducted on or through the Web Site, including accessing any data, content or other information prior to the time that it is intended to be available to the public on the Web Site;
(7) take or attempt any action that, in the sole discretion of this Web Site’s operators, imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on the Web Site or on the website’s operational infrastructure.
The User shall only be permitted to use the Web Site through the User Name and User Password to be obtained from SteelOrbis.
1. It is the User’s responsibility (liability) to prevent the usage of User Names and Passwords by unauthorized persons. Every operation and transaction made through the Web Site by the use of the user names and passwords assigned to the User, shall be deemed made by the User. SteelOrbis tracks login information based on IP address, location, country, time and date. Therefore, system logins from diverse locations within a short period of time and other suspicious activity regarding a user’s account may cause blockage of the account or termination without refund.
2. Daily Extract (Daily SteelOrbis news and analysis sent by e-mail) is copyrighted material intended only for the recipient (designated user of the account) of the e-mail. Forwarding or redistributing Daily Extracts without written permission of SteelOrbis is strictly prohibited - even within the user’s office and organization. All users and readers of Daily Extracts must be registered with SteelOrbis.
Forwarding activity is electronically monitored and stored. SteelOrbis reserves the right to take legal action for violators of international copyrights at a later date or to immediately terminate account and service without refund.
3. News, documents, designs, graphics, articles and trade models provided on the Web Site or any other SteelOrbis content shall not be used, copied, republished, redistributed or shared with third parties without obtaining prior written authorization from SteelOrbis. The User represents and agrees that he or she shall not directly or indirectly violate, use, copy or register the intellectual property rights owned or possessed by SteelOrbis or its affiliates.
4. The user shall not assign or transfer any of his or her rights and obligations under this Agreement to third parties without SteelOrbis’ prior written approval.
5. As regards spam filters: If daily e-mails are blocked by spam filters, the User shall immediately notify SteelOrbis and SteelOrbis will assist the user to resolve the spam filter issues. Users shall recognize that spam filters are within the User’s control, either at the User’s Internet Service Provider, or at the mail server of the User’s company, or at the User’s individual personal computer by means of security suites or mail application. SteelOrbis has no means to resolve the User’s spam filter issues without assistance from the User. After troubleshooting, if the SteelOrbis e-mails are still filtered, the User has to provide a working e-mail address. No refunds will be provided for interruption of service due to spam filter issues.
1. The User is allowed to benefit from Prime print publications (monthly Prime in Turkish), along with content, research and pricing, archives, charts, tables and news services available at the Web Site “www.steelorbis.com” established and operated by SteelOrbis. Daily e-bulletins will be distributed weekdays to every user. SteelOrbis shall not be liable for temporary service outages, unforeseen technical e-mail delivery problems and for accessing problems experienced by the User due to its software or hardware deficiencies. Use of the “SteelOrbis e-marketplace” may also be granted to users by SteelOrbis, depending on the level of Subscription Package.
2. The User of the SteelOrbis Subscription Package is responsible for all his or her actions on the Web Site and must READ and ACCEPT this Membership Contract by checking the checkbox next to the Membership Contract link.
None of these Terms is intended to be enforceable upon any parties other than you and SteelOrbis.
If disputes arise between us in connection with your use of the Web Site, they shall be subject to Turkish law and shall be referred to Istanbul (central) courts and execution offices. In such litigation, SteelOrbis’ records and books shall be the sole and decisive proofs. You further agree that print outs of SteelOrbis’ computers with respect to the transactions made on the electronic platform through the Web Site shall be deemed as decisive proofs.