Japan’s CR steel strip shipments down 0.6 percent in July from June

Friday, 17 September 2021 11:14:38 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul

In July this year, Japan’s cold rolled sheet and strip shipments decreased by 0.6 percent compared to the previous month and were up by 75.9 percent on year-on-year basis, amounting to 483,216 metric tons. 52 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 48 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data.

Meanwhile, in the given month, Japan’s CR sheet and strip inventories decreased two percent compared to the previous month totaling 773,501 metric tons and were up by 5.1 percent year on year. 77 percent of inventories were held by steel manufacturers, while 23 percent were held by steel traders.

In July, Japan’s CR sheet and strip production amounted to 467,109 mt, down 1.3 percent month on month and increasing 72.2 percent year on year.

Tags: Crc Flats Japan Far East 

Similar articles

Are US HRC, CRC prices cresting the top of the bell curve?

31 Mar | Flats and Slab

Brazilian CRC import offers trend stable

31 Mar | Flats and Slab

US CRC imports down 28.4 percent in February

31 Mar | Steel News

Romanian flats producer keep prices stable, local traders raise offers

31 Mar | Flats and Slab

Large Indian mills hike flats base prices further for April amid strong exports

31 Mar | Flats and Slab

Turkey again postpones imposition of higher flats import duties, to May 1

31 Mar | Steel News

Japan’s steel exports up 2.6 percent in January-February

31 Mar | Steel News

Flat steel prices in local Taiwanese market - week 13

30 Mar | Longs and Billet

Ex-China CRC offers move sideways, but bearish mood still seen

29 Mar | Flats and Slab

Value of Mexican CRC imports and exports declines in January

28 Mar | Steel News