Japan's CR steel strip shipments up 24 percent in August from July

Wednesday, 21 October 2020 12:37:42 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul
       

In August this year, Japan's cold rolled sheet and strip shipments increased by 24 percent compared to the previous month and were down by 20.1 percent on year-on-year basis, amounting to 341,000 metric tons. 48 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 52 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data.

Meanwhile, in the given month, Japan's CR sheet and strip inventories declined by 0.8 percent from the previous month to 730,000 metric tons and were down by 16.3 percent year on year. 73 percent of inventories were held by steel manufacturers, while 27 percent were held by steel traders.

In August, Japan's CR sheet and strip production amounted to 335,000 mt, up 23.6 percent month on month and decreasing 29.3 percent year on year.


Most Recent Related Articles

Japan’s steel exports down 4.1 percent in January-October

Japanese crude steel output up 11% in October from September

Stocks of main finished steel products in China down 12.8% in mid-Nov

China’s HRC output down slightly in Oct from Sept, shows faster growth y-o-y

Japan’s HRP and HRS shipments down 26.3 percent in September