EUROFER: EU steel exports fall by 30 percent in Q1

Tuesday, 17 August 2021 12:06:16 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul

According to the Economic and Steel Market Outlook 2021-2022/Q3 2021 Report from the Economic Committee of the European Steel Association (EUROFER), total EU exports of steel products to third countries decreased by 30 percent year on year in the first quarter this year. In the first quarter, the EU exports of flat products fell by six percent and exports of long products decreased by three percent, while in the second quarter flat product exports declined by 33 percent and long product exports fell by 24 percent, all year on year.

EUROFER said that Turkey, the US, Switzerland, China and Egypt were the largest export destinations for EU steel exports in the second quarter this year. These five countries together accounted for 46 percent of total EU finished product exports in the given period.

In the second quarter this year, exports of finished products to Switzerland fell by 19 percent and exports to Russia decreased by 26 percent, while exports to China, Turkey and Egypt recorded decreases of 37 percent, 40 percent and 55 percent, respectively, all year on year. Exports to the US decreased only by three percent year on year.

According to the EUROFER report, in the second quarter flat product exports accounted for 62 percent of finished product exports and long product exports accounted for the remaining 38 percent.

Similar articles

Japan’s steel exports up 2.6 percent in January-February

31 Mar | Steel News

Russia’s Mechel posts slightly higher crude steel and pig iron outputs for 2022

24 Mar | Steel News

Japanese crude steel output down 4.3 percent in Feb from Jan

24 Mar | Steel News

Italy’s steel imports and exports to non-EU countries down in January

23 Mar | Steel News

MOC: Average steel prices in China increase during March 13-19

23 Mar | Steel News

Tokyo Steel raises local longs prices further for April amid firm demand

20 Mar | Longs and Billet

India’s JSPL to start production of fire-resistant special grade steel

20 Mar | Steel News

Vietnam’s Hoa Phat’s steel output and sales fall in Jan-Feb

06 Mar | Steel News

OYAK Mining Metallurgy Group sees higher revenues in 2022, lower operating income

06 Mar | Steel News

Turkey’s trade ministry meets with mills to discuss steel product needs in earthquake-hit regions

03 Mar | Steel News