Japan’s HRP and HRS shipments down 6.3 percent in May

Thursday, 15 July 2021 11:29:05 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul
       

In May this year, Japan’s hot rolled plate and sheet shipments decreased by 11.0 percent compared to the previous month and were down by 6.3 percent compared to the same month of 2020, amounting to 645,474 metric tons. 75 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 25 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data. In May, Japan’s hot rolled plate and sheet production amounted to 744,420 mt, rising by 5.2 percent month on month and up by 8.6 percent year on year.

Meanwhile, in May, Japan’s hot rolled strip shipments amounted to 1.40 million mt, rising by 19.5 percent from the previous month and increasing by 40.7 percent year on year. 27 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 73 percent were made to the export markets. In the given month, Japan’s hot rolled strip production amounted to 1.47 million mt, increasing by 12.6 percent month on month and up by 57.6 percent year on year.


Similar articles

Flat steel prices in local Taiwanese market - week 49

08 Dec | Flats and Slab

Ex-China steel plate prices stable, but mood improves

05 Dec | Flats and Slab

NBS: Local Chinese rebar prices down 0.1 percent in late Nov

05 Dec | Steel News

Stocks of main finished steel products in China down 1.6% in late Nov

05 Dec | Steel News

Japan’s steel exports down 6.5 percent in January-October

01 Dec | Steel News

Flat steel prices in local Taiwanese market - week 48

01 Dec | Flats and Slab

Ex-China steel plate prices stable, while local prices fluctuate in very limited range

28 Nov | Flats and Slab

Stocks of main finished steel products in China down 3.8% in mid-Nov

24 Nov | Steel News

NBS: Local Chinese rebar prices up 1.9 percent in mid Nov

24 Nov | Steel News

Flat steel prices in local Taiwanese market - week 47

24 Nov | Flats and Slab