Japan’s CR steel strip shipments up 14.3 percent in July from June

Tuesday, 20 September 2022 11:35:11 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul
       

In July this year, Japan’s cold rolled sheet and strip shipments increased by 14.3 percent compared to the previous month and dropped by 11.8 percent on year-on-year basis, amounting to 424,575 metric tons. 52.5 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 47.5 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data.

Meanwhile, in the given month, Japan’s CR sheet and strip inventories declined by 8.2 percent compared to the previous month, totaling 783,668 metric tons, and were up by 0.7 percent year on year. 72.8 percent of inventories were held by steel manufacturers, while 27.2 percent were held by steel traders.

In July, Japan’s CR sheet and strip production amounted to 354,772 mt, moving down by 4.8 percent month on month and by 24.5 percent year on year.


Similar articles

Turkey’s re-rollers may raise coated and CRC prices soon

30 Sep | Flats and Slab

Japan’s steel exports down 4.4 percent in January-August

30 Sep | Steel News

Turkish HR sheet prices still stable CR sheet prices trend down

29 Sep | Flats and Slab

Flat steel prices in local Taiwanese market - week 39

29 Sep | Flats and Slab

Ex-China CRC prices down due to weak local currency, domestic market performs better

28 Sep | Flats and Slab

Local Indian CRC prices stable while most flats prices rise

26 Sep | Flats and Slab

US HRC, CRC prices still hovering “well above” historical norms

23 Sep | Flats and Slab

Flat steel prices in local Taiwanese market - week 38

22 Sep | Flats and Slab

Ex-China CRC prices follow a weak trend

21 Sep | Flats and Slab

China’s HRC output up 1.3 percent in January-August

21 Sep | Steel News