Japan’s CR steel strip shipments up 10.7 percent in Sept from Aug

Thursday, 24 November 2022 12:06:46 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul
       

In September this year, Japan’s cold rolled sheet and strip shipments rose by 10.7 percent compared to the previous month and declined by 12.5 percent on year-on-year basis, amounting to 421,118 metric tons. 52.0 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 48.0 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data.

Meanwhile, in the given month, Japan’s CR sheet and strip inventories dropped by seven percent compared to the previous month, totaling 736,722 metric tons, and were down by 13.6 percent year on year. 73.9 percent of inventories were held by steel manufacturers, while 26.1 percent were held by steel traders.

In September, Japan’s CR sheet and strip production amounted to 365,937 mt, moving down by 6.3 percent month on month and by 24.2 percent year on year.


Similar articles

Retail flats prices rise in Turkey in line with ex-mill prices, demand still poor

01 Dec | Flats and Slab

Retail flats prices soften in Romania, local mill gives sizeable discounts

25 Nov | Flats and Slab

Turkish flats retailers cut prices, low demand still the main issue

24 Nov | Flats and Slab

Tosyalı-Toyo to increase CR mill capacity

18 Nov | Steel News

Retail flats prices down in Romania, local mill keeps offers stable

18 Nov | Flats and Slab

Turkish flats retailers still squeezed by high stocks and weak demand

17 Nov | Flats and Slab

Turkish retail flat steel prices trend down, outlook bearish

10 Nov | Flats and Slab

Local Romanian mill’s flats prices stable despite low trade

04 Nov | Flats and Slab

Turkish retail flat steel prices decline due to a lack of demand

03 Nov | Flats and Slab

Romanian producer cuts flats prices, local retailers’ prices stable

28 Oct | Flats and Slab