Japan's CR steel strip shipments down 3.1 percent in June from May

Wednesday, 14 August 2019 12:01:10 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul
       

In June this year, Japan's cold rolled sheet and strip shipments decreased by 3.1 percent compared to the previous month and were down by 6.5 percent on year-on-year basis, amounting to 463,000 metric tons. 53 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 47 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data.

Meanwhile, in the given month, Japan's CR sheet and strip inventories decreased by 1.5 percent from the previous month to 815,000 metric tons and were up 9.8 percent year on year. 73 percent of inventories were held by steel manufacturers, while 27 percent were held by steel traders.

In June, Japan's CR sheet and strip production amounted to 450,000 mt, down 5.5 percent month on month and decreasing 9.2 percent year on year.


Most Recent Related Articles

US steel imports up 99.3 percent in January

Steel plate prices stable in Turkey

PBOC increases financial support for small and medium enterprises in China

Import HRC prices in India drop after booking from South Korea

Indian HDG exporters hike offers, small tonnages sold to Europe and Gulf