You are here: Home > Steel News > Latest Steel News > Turkey’s ...

Turkey’s crude steel output up 17.6 percent in Jan-Nov 2011

Wednesday, 04 January 2012 17:16:16 (GMT+2)   -  

Tags: raw mat , Turkey , Middle East , production , steelmaking , crude steel , Non-EU Countries , Mediterranean | similar articles » SteelOrbis News

According to a statement released by the Turkish Iron and Steel Producers' Association (DCUD), in the first 11 months of 2011 Turkey's crude steel production rose by 17.6 percent year on year reaching 31 million mt.

In the first 11 months of 2011, Turkey's steel billet output climbed by 2.26 million mt, while its slab output increased by 2.38 million mt, both compared to the same period of 2010.

Meanwhile, in the given period Turkey's finished steel production amounted to 29.1 million mt with an increase of 21.9 percent compared to the same period of 2010. 71 percent of this figure is made up of long steel products, while the remaining 29 percent consists of flat steel. Turkey's flat steel production rose to 8.36 million mt, increasing by 41.1 percent, and long steel output totaled 20.7 million mt, up 15.6 percent, both compared to the fist 11 months of 2010.

In January-November 2011, of the 31 million mt of crude steel production in Turkey, steel production using electric arc furnaces (EAF) amounted to 22.9 million mt, with an increase of 21.7 percent year on year.

On the other hand, Turkey's total scrap imports in the period in question amounted to 19.3 million mt, up 13.9 percent compared to January-November 2010. Turkey's scrap imports from the EU accounted for 46.2 percent of total scrap imports in the first 11 months of 2011, while imports from the US constituted 26.9 percent and imports from Russia accounted for 11.1 percent.

Back All Articles
Back All Articles