Japan’s CR steel strip shipments up 13.9 percent in June from May

Friday, 20 August 2021 11:11:59 (GMT+3)   |   Istanbul
       

In June this year, Japan’s cold rolled sheet and strip shipments increased by 13.9 percent compared to the previous month and were up by 88.3 percent on year-on-year basis, amounting to 484,769 metric tons. 51 percent of shipments were made to the domestic market, while the remaining 49 percent were made to the export markets, according to the Japan Iron and Steel Federation (JISF) data.

Meanwhile, in the given month, Japan’s CR sheet and strip inventories decreased 1.5 percent compared to the previous month totaling 789,735 metric tons and were up by 6.8 percent year on year. 77 percent of inventories were held by steel manufacturers, while 23 percent were held by steel traders.

In June, Japan’s CR sheet and strip production amounted to 472,182 mt, up 1.5 percent month on month and increasing 124.1 percent year on year.


Most Recent Related Articles

Tokyo Steel sees higher net profit in Q2 FY 2021-22, raises full-year forecast

Japanese crude steel output up 2.8% in September from August

Japan’s CR steel strip shipments down 10 percent in August from July

Japan’s HRP and HRS shipments down 1.1 percent in August

Japan’s steel exports up 3.6 percent in January-August