Monday, 21 May 2012 22:59:57 (GMT+2) -
On Friday, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) released the following additional information regarding the antidumping (AD) and countervailing duty (CVD) investigations of steel piling pipe from China.
(1) Petitioner: Atlas Tube Canada Inc
(2) Other Canadian producers: DFI Corporation; Pipe & Piling Supplies Ltd.; Spiraleo Inc.; and Nova Tube Inc. DFI and Nova Tube submitted letters supporting the complaint.
(3) Chinese exporters and Canadian importers: CBSA identified 236 potential Chinese producers and exporters as well as 858 potential importers of steel piling pipe.
(4) Product description: Carbon and alloy steel pipe piles, commonly identified as piling pipe, in outside diameter ranging from 3.5 inches up to and including 16 inches (8.9 cm to 40.6 cm) inclusive, in commercial quality and in various forms and finishes, usually supplied to meet ASTM A252, ASTM A500, CSA G.40.2I or comparable specifications or standards, whether single, dual or multiple certified, originating in or exported from China.
(5) Additional product information: The most common grades of piling pipe are made to ASTM A500, ASTM A252 (including "modified" ASTM A252 with increased yield strength) or comparable internationally recognized specifications.
(6) Tariff classification: Currently, the subject goods are classified under the following Harmonized System (HS) codes: 7306.30.00.14; 7306.30.00.19; 7306.30.00.24; 7306.30.00.29; 7306.30.00.34; and 7306.30.00.39. Prior to January 1, 2012, the applicable HS codes were: 7306.30.10.14; 7306.30.10.19; 7306.30.10.24; 7306.30.10.29; 7306.30.10.34; 7306.30.10.39; 7306.30.90.14; 7306.30.90.19; 7306.30.90.24; 7306.30.90.29; 7306.30.90.34; and 7306.30.90.39. The listing of HS codes is for convenience of reference only. The HS codes listed may include non-subject goods. Also, subject goods may fall under HS codes that are not listed.
(7) Estimated dumping margin: 31 percent
(8) Estimated countervailing duty margin: 32 percent
(9) Date of preliminary injury determination by the Canadian International Trade Tribunal: June 4, 2012
(10) Date of preliminary dumping and countervailing duty determinations by CBSA: August 2, 2012
|Most Recent Related Articles|
27 Feb 14
27 Feb 14 | Steel Newsrebar , wire rod , pipe , hrc , crc , plate , galvanized , longs , flats , tubular , Turkey , USA , China , Japan , Taiwan , Korea S. , North America , trading , San Diego | similar articles »
12 Mar 14
12 Mar 14 | Steel Prices & Market Analysespipe , tubing , longs , tubular , China , Far East , steelmaking , Shanghai | similar articles »
28 Feb 14
28 Feb 14 | Steel Prices & Market Analysespipe , tubing , tubular , China , Far East , steelmaking , Shanghai | similar articles »
06 Mar 14
06 Mar 14 | Steel Prices & Market Analysespipe , tubing , longs , tubular , China , Far East , steelmaking , Shanghai | similar articles »
07 Mar 14
07 Mar 14 | Steel Prices & Market Analysespipe , tubing , longs , tubular , China , Far East , steelmaking , Shanghai | similar articles »