- Trump eager for “trade war” despite steel tariff backlash
- Import scrap prices for Turkey expected to increase
- Latest freight rates from Banchero Costa – February 27, 2018
- US DOC releases recommendations for strong steel tariffs or quotas under Section 232
- Latest freight rates from Banchero Costa – February 13, 2018
- IREPAS: Exporting countries under pressure amid protectionism and increased capacities in target markets on
- DOC Secretary Ross to submit Section 232 study results “very shortly” on
- China’s value-added industrial output up 5.8 percent in Q1 on
- Steel pipe imports and the impact of trade laws on
- ArcelorMittal Europe to supply hot rolled coil for TANAP project on
SteelOrbis TwitterTwitter outputted an error:
Invalid or expired token..
Service center shipments continue to decline in US and Canada
The Metals Service Center Institute (MSCI) reported Thursday that steel shipments declined from 2014 levels in September for both the United States and Canada. Inventory positions also deteriorated in both countries.
In September 2015, US service center steel shipments decreased by 10.9 percent from September 2014. Steel product inventories decreased 1.6 percent from September a year ago.
Meanwhile, Canadian service center shipments of steel products decreased by 8.7 percent from September 2014. Steel product inventories decreased 3.3 percent from September a year ago.